The Peavey VYPYR® VIP is the first amplifier that contains Electric guitar, Bass guitar, and Acoustic guitar amp models.
Now for the first time ever using our Variable Instrument Input, a single amp can provide amplification for a variety of instrument types. Not only does the amplifier morph from a bass amp to an acoustic amp to an electric amp, it also (for the first time ever in an amplifier in this category) allows the electric guitar player access to instrument models as well.
The VYPYR combines Peavey’s exclusive TransTube® analog circuitry with a powerful 32-bit, floating point SHARC processor to deliver uncompromised tone, making the VYPYR series the best sounding modeling amplifiers available. All VYPYR effects, amp models and parameter controls can be accessed via the amp itself, with no need to hook the amplifier to a computer. Peavey’s WYSIWYG control surface quickly allows the user the ability to see and adjust the control position — no guessing where the control is supposed to be or having to manually move it to where it should be from preset to preset.
VYPYR’s new USB bi-directional data and audio port provides an easy way to record and/or connect to our VYPYR software and store presets, get lessons, and practice to backing tracks while connected to your computer.
The VYPYR VIP series gives you all of the revolutionary features from the original VYPYR series, now even better. More power, more effects, more amp models, Variable Instrument Input, instrument models, and more make this the ultimate amplifier.
- 20 watts
- Acoustic guitar simulation
- Bass guitar Simulation
- Acoustically ported semi-closed back
- Patented TransTube® technology
- 16 Presets
- Specially voiced 8″ modeling speaker
- 25 amp accessible effects
- 36 on board amp models
- 6 bass amp models
- 6 acoustic amp models
- On-board looper – activated with optional Sanpera™ I or II
- WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) controls
- Amp accessible real time dual parameter controls
- Amp accessible global reverb and delay
- Tap Tempo
- Bi-directional USB – Data – Midi – Audio record out
- Aux/MP3/CD input
- Studio quality headphone out
- Up to 4 effects simultaneously
- Enhanced chromatic tuner