DD-3T Digital Delay
The Iconic Digital Delay, Enhanced for Modern Players
BOSS’s iconic DD-3 Digital Delay has been a pedal-board staple since 1986, loved everywhere for its great sound and simple operation. With the DD-3T, BOSS have updated the classic stomp with enhanced functionality while fully retaining the original’s sound and control layout. It’s now possible to tap in delay tempos using the on-board switch or an external one, with your choice of three beat subdivisions. Plus he direct output jack has been moved next to the main output, providing easier connectivity for wet/dry setups.
- Updated version of the industry-standard DD-3,with enhanced functionality for modern players
- Ultra-easy operation for fast sound creation
- Delay time of 12.5 to 800 ms, divided into three ranges for quick setup
- Tap in tempos with the on-board pedal switch or an external foot-switch
- Short Loop setting for creating phrase loops (same as the Hold function on the original DD-3)
- Direct output for sending dry and wet sounds to separate amps
- Main and direct output jacks now positioned on one side of the pedal
- BOSS five-year warranty
A Classic Through and Through In continuous production for over three decades, the DD-3 has been the go-to delay stomp for countless players.Based on the DD-2—the world’s first digital delay pedal from 1983—the DD-3 is revered for its warm, round delay tone and simple controls that let you dial in sounds fast. The DD-3T’s sound circuitry and controls are identical to the DD-3,delivering every drop of that classic vibe you know and love.
DD-8 Digital Delay
Diverse Sonic Range, Maximum Delay Power
Introducing the DD-8, the most wide-ranging and feature-rich BOSS series delay ever. This loaded delay pedal delivers more of everything. With more great sounds, more delay time, more control options, and even more connectivity. Doing it all in a standard BOSS compact pedal that fits easily into any mono or stereo setup. 11-modes provide delay colours from basic through to exotic, plus a looper with unlimited overdub capability and external control support.
- The most advanced BOSS compact series delay ever
- Eleven versatile modes include basic digital delay, vintage echoes, shimmer, mod, looper, and more
- Looper offers up to 40 seconds of recording time, overdub capability, and three-pedal operation with external footswitches
- Three newly developed delay types: Warm, +RV (delay+reverb), and GLT (rhythmic delay)
- Up to 10 seconds of delay time available with tap tempo input
- Carryover switch sets whether delay trails continue or stop when the effect is bypassed
- True stereo I/O and three selectable output modes (independent, panning, and wide stereo)
- Smart I/O jacks support a variety of connection setups (mono, stereo, wet/dry, wet only, and more)
- Support for external control with two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Unique Twist function available in each delay mode via an external footswitch
- BOSS five-year warranty
Equipped with a diverse selection of delays, the DD-8 packs impressive sonic range into one small pedal. Clean digital delays, vintage analog and tape types, and modulation echo are available, plus specialty delays like shimmer and reverse. There’s a new Warm type for softer echo tones, and a +RV type that blends delay and reverb together. Warp is perfect for dynamic ambient textures, while the new GLT type is great for glitchy rhythmic effects.
Stereo to the Max
Everything sounds bigger and better in stereo, and the DD-8 delivers with full stereo I/O support and your choice of three output modes. The default independent mode provides linked parallel delays on the left and right channels, allowing you to maintain the true balance of stereo input sources in the effect sound. There’s also a panning mode for ping-pong delay effects, and a wide stereo mode for enhanced spatial depth.
The DD-8’s extensive real-time delay options help bring your music to life. You can tap in tempos with the onboard pedal switch, and control the Warp and GLT modes for unique expressive effects. Adding one or two footswitches unlocks more creative possibilities, like on-demand tap tempo, extended looper control, and a cool Twist effect for soaring echo sounds. Alternately, an expression pedal can be used for continuous control of level, feedback, or delay time—or all of them at once.
Having a looper on your pedalboard is a handy thing—it’s great for practice, checking sounds at gigs, and creating on-the-fly backing while performing. The DD-8’s looper mode has you covered, so you don’t have to take up precious space with a dedicated pedal. All looper functions can be controlled with the onboard switch, providing all-in-one operation. But if you prefer to work with extended controls, just connect one or two footswitches to operate the looper’s stop and clear functions externally.
Smart I/O for Easy Setup
The DD-8’s inputs and outputs have smart functionality, allowing you to set the pedal for any application simply by connecting cables in different ways. A variety of mono and stereo connections are supported, including discrete dry and effect outputs for wet/dry setups. It’s even possible to defeat the dry signal entirely, perfect for delay-only blending in a parallel effects loop.
DD-8 Delay Modes
- Analog—Classic analog BBD delay sound.
- Standard—Clear digital delay.
- Tape—Vintage tape-based delay sound.
- Warm—Digital delay with a softer sound.
- Reverse—Backwards delay for cool psychedelic effects and other unique tones.
- +RV—Digital delay with reverb added.
- Shimmer—Pitch-shifted delay for lush, shimmering textures.
- Mod—Digital delay with modulation added on the repeats.
- Warp—Unique delay with expressive pedal control. Holding the pedal switch increases feedback and level, allowing you to create ambient swell effects.
- GLT—Newly developed delay mode that creates glitchy machine-gun effects when the pedal switch is pressed. Adjust the Feedback and Time knobs for a wide variety of sounds.
- Loop—Loop recorder with overdub capability and up to 40 seconds of recording time with mono input (20 seconds with stereo input).